About Me

My photo
United States
I am a SAHM which I love, love, love! I'm in love with working-out, photography, blogging, decorating, reading Jane Austin, old movies, the outdoors and shopping! The loves of my life are my incredibly H.O.T hubby and my three spicy-sweet kiddos. This is the outline of our lives.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Difference between Like and Love

As I was thinking about how much I love the Olympics it reminded me of this part from the movie, "10 Things I Hate About You."  While you read, it must be done in a valley girl accent that we all know all too well.

Bianca-
Yup, see, there's a difference between "like" and "love".  Because I like my sketchers, but I love my Prada backpack.

Bianca's friend-
But I love my sketchers.

Bianca-
That's because you don't have a Prada backpack.

OK, so I don't really know why the Olympics make me think of that show but it did.  Anyways, I just love the Olympic spirit.  The Winter Olympics are mi favorito.  Mostly because of my small background in Figure Skating and my HUGE obsession with the sport.  When I was at BYU-I (oh, now I now the connection between the two!!) my friends (the same ones I would watch and quote that movie with) and I went down to Salt Lake for the 2002 Winter Olympics.  It is just so amazing to see so many countries come together despite all of our differences and celebrate hard work and dedication.  I always wanted to be an Olympic Athlete as a Figure Skater.  Unfortunately, even though my mom was a FS coach, we couldn't afford my very expensive "hobby."  I always thought that I would get more training as an adult when I was married.  Obviously,  I knew that would never get me to the Olympics but it's a great workout!  If you ever see a really crappy middle-aged woman out on the ice at Stonebriar, it will probably be me!

3 comments:

  1. Ok I see middle aged women at Stonebriar ALL THE TIME figure Skating. FOr real, I do. I have always thought it was so cool that they had some way to keep in shape that they enjoyed. You should figure skate to your hearts content. It would be a fun thing for you and Aubryn to do together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that movie too!!

    if you can figure skate, you should and i'll live vicariously through you (i skate by falling on my hands 20 times then drinking hot chocolate in the stands).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea that you figure skated! i want to see your moves!

    ReplyDelete